Lower Back Pain. What should I do? - Interview with Janise Alcantara, PT, CMPT, Dss(c)
Jul 27th, 2021 by feistyfoxfire
In this episode, Coach Shangrila Rendon interviews expert Orthopedic Manual Therapist Janise Alcantara, PT, CMPT, Dsc(c) about the topic of lower back pain.
Here are some of the questions covered:
- I'm having sciatic pain on my low back after hours of running. What can I do now while I look for doctor?
- Constant pain on my back and taking Advil isn't helping. Any other suggestion?
- How about SI Joint injections? Do you recommend steroids?
- I strained my low back last week. Besides resting on weekend, muscle relaxer, pain meds, TENS unit and chiro visit, any other suggestions I need to do?
- When do I know when to get professional help or get an MRI?
- Is my low back pain connected to weak gluteus?
- Why do I feel low back pain on right side and not on other side?
- When do I apply warm compress? How long? What does it do?
- What's a Redcord Neurac? Will seeking for PT who's experienced on this help?
On this interview we talked about:
- The most common misconceptions about having a strong back and core
- Should you move if you have lower back pain?
- How does your hip or gluteus contribute to back pain
- Is an MRI always necessary?
- How do you know what you need to target when you have back pain
- Is it ok if I crack my back myself?
- What to do when you feel shooting pain when running?
- Pain after swimming? What might be causing it?
- Sciatica after sitting. What might be the issue.
- Does the amount of sleep matter?