How to Manage Performance Anxiety in Triathlon and Endurance Sports - Interview with Dr. Brendan Meany, EdD
Jul 20th, 2021 by feistyfoxfire
In this podcast episode, Coach Shangrila Rendon interviews Dr. Brendan Meany, EdD, who specializes in sport & performance psychology about how to manage Performance Anxiety in Triathlon and Endurance Sports.
During the show, we talked about:
- How to approach self-talk to manage anxiety
- Mental Toughness, Resilience Training, and Intrinsic Motivation
- What are the different relaxation methods to help you manage anxiety.
- How do you integrate these methods to become a habit?
- How does one go through "tapering" weeks. It seems to affect me.
- Emotional/Stress eating, meds, ...