Welcome to my show! I’m Shangrila Rendon, 2x Guinness World Record Holder, best-selling author, professional endurance athlete, triathlon coach & motivational speaker (https://www.shangrilarendon.com/). I was abused as a kid and sexually assaulted as an adult. At 24 years old, I was diagnosed with extreme depression, PTSD, and struggled with eating disorder and alcohol addiction. In sports, I didn’t know how to swim, was afraid of open water, didn’t own a bike and started running only 15 minutes on a treadmill. I was a non-runner, non-cyclist, and non-swimmer at 24 yet I became an inspirational athlete regardless. I trained very hard and aimed for excellence. I coach athletes to achieve their dreams. My goal is to share with you my journey in triathlon and endurance racing that is full of tough lessons learned, mindset, race, training and nutrition strategies, and secrets to success. The goal of this show is to introduce you to the people and ideas that will help you execute your dreams. You will level up your skills, attain joy with your triathlon & endurance goals and live up to your full potential. Every Tuesday, I drop a weekly dose of inspiration on alternating topics: - Interviews with inspirational athletes, who will inspire and motivate you in achieving your goals and dreams. We will talk about their journey, achievements and experiences as well as key strategies, habits and lessons they learned you too can incorporate in your training, racing and life in general. - Interview with health, nutrition, mindset and triathlon endurance experts where they will share findings and key information from their expertise and experience. Various topics from ambitions, time management, sleep, family, drugs, ego, failure and so much more. No topic is off-limits. Subscribe to this channel if you want to keep up to date with our content!
Monday Jun 13, 2022
Monday Jun 13, 2022
In this episode, Coach Shangrila talks with Ngina, a mother, wife, full-time nurse, triathlete, and an ultra runner who took on 70.3 Oceanside and Zion 100 miler back to back at the beginning of this month despite being scared of the ocean waves. Zion 100 this year is her comeback from last year's DNF due to ankle injury and knee pain.
- 1st in AG [50-54] on her 1st 100 mi run in Zion Ultras on April 9th
- 70.3 PR with an ocean Swim (1.25 mi): 46:50 @2:13 min/100y PR / Bike (56-mi): 4:07:18 / Run (13.1-mi): 2:45:11 mins on April 2nd
In this LIVE training we will be discussing:
- How to balance being a wife, mother, full time nurse, triathlete & ultra runner
- What to do when you are nervous about the ocean waves
- How to keep from getting overwhelmed and nervous
- What to do to not burn yourself out in the process and not second guess if you are putting in enough hours
- What to do to adapt to changing weather conditions
- How to train for a triathlon and a long endurance run at the same time
- What did she do to recover fast when she only had 7 days between her 2 big races
- How did she achieve optimal nutrition for both of her races