How Katy Beat her Ironman PR & Placed 11th AG Post ACL & Meniscus Surgery in Cozumel - Interview
Aug 24th, 2021 by feistyfoxfire
In this podcast, Coach Shangrila Rendon asks Katy how she was able to beat her Ironman personal record (PR) and place 11th in her age group (AG) Post ACL & Meniscus Surgery. How was she preparing and training for it despite challenging physical limitations.
Inside this interview:
- Going from feeling fearful of running because of exercise induced asthma since childhood and not being able to breath to finishing a hilly full marathon
- Scared of screwing up my knee after surgery
- Learning to pay attention to the small things. Early symptoms. Proactively knowing what's gonna happen.
- Figuring out how hard I can push myself before it becomes unsafe.
- Going from 2:10 to 1:50 seconds per 100 yards in swimming
- Having a support system. Having someone that believes in you more than you believe in yourself.
- Not always taking what the first doctor says as the end story.
- Dealing with physical limitations