How Amy PRd on St. George 70.3 & IRONMAN Tulsa in 1 Month - Interview
Jul 13th, 2021 by feistyfoxfire
In this episode, Coach Shangrila Rendon is asks Amy Purvis about how she PRd both St. George 70.3 & rainy IRONMAN Tulsa, despite that these races were only 2 weeks apart 🧐.
Other athletes' reasons for not doing well on races or losing their fitness were because:
- Races were cancelled last year
- COVID 19 was very stressful and it affected their motivation
- Weight gain
But how come it didn’t seem that Amy got affected by this? Listen in to find out how she did it!
During the LIVE interview we will cover:
- Challenges that she had to go through as a single-mom, being overweight and novice triathlete, specifically during the first years of her triathlon
- Tools that she used to transform herself into Super Amy who beats her Personal Record and continuously is unstoppable
- How she was able to recover from St. George 70.3 and raced Ironman Tulsa within 2 weeks
- What thought processes go through her mind when setting and tackling goals
- How has she gained confidence in herself and is not afraid to dream big