Welcome to my show! I’m Shangrila Rendon, 2x Guinness World Record Holder, best-selling author, professional endurance athlete, triathlon coach & motivational speaker (https://www.shangrilarendon.com/). I was abused as a kid and sexually assaulted as an adult. At 24 years old, I was diagnosed with extreme depression, PTSD, and struggled with eating disorder and alcohol addiction. In sports, I didn’t know how to swim, was afraid of open water, didn’t own a bike and started running only 15 minutes on a treadmill. I was a non-runner, non-cyclist, and non-swimmer at 24 yet I became an inspirational athlete regardless. I trained very hard and aimed for excellence. I coach athletes to achieve their dreams. My goal is to share with you my journey in triathlon and endurance racing that is full of tough lessons learned, mindset, race, training and nutrition strategies, and secrets to success. The goal of this show is to introduce you to the people and ideas that will help you execute your dreams. You will level up your skills, attain joy with your triathlon & endurance goals and live up to your full potential. Every Tuesday, I drop a weekly dose of inspiration on alternating topics: - Interviews with inspirational athletes, who will inspire and motivate you in achieving your goals and dreams. We will talk about their journey, achievements and experiences as well as key strategies, habits and lessons they learned you too can incorporate in your training, racing and life in general. - Interview with health, nutrition, mindset and triathlon endurance experts where they will share findings and key information from their expertise and experience. Various topics from ambitions, time management, sleep, family, drugs, ego, failure and so much more. No topic is off-limits. Subscribe to this channel if you want to keep up to date with our content!
Tuesday Dec 14, 2021
Tuesday Dec 14, 2021
In this episode, Coach Shangrila Rendon asks how Scott from Georgia, a family man with 2 kids and a demanding job, was able to overcome being injury-prone and actually set a 70.3 PR and become a Boston Marathon finisher in just 4 months.
During the show, we will talk about:
- How to solve nagging pain & prevent injuries WHILE continuing to get stronger in swimming, cycling and running
- How to overcome plantar fasciitis, knee pain and hip issues
- How to maintain manageable stress at work, traveling for races, kids/family, training and racing
- How to continue building the confidence that you could achieve anything you put your mind on
- How to execute strong finishes on back-to-back races
Coach Shangrila asks Scott how he was able to:
- Finish 5 races in 5 different states within 7 weeks.
- Achieve 70.3 PR of 5:37:48 and Boston Marathon finish within 10 days
- Recover and get back to being healthy and strong after COVID vaccinations and being struck by lighting while swimming in open water.