From Injury Prone to Setting a 70.3 PR & Becoming a Boston Finisher [in 4 months]
Dec 14th, 2021 by feistyfoxfire
In this episode, Coach Shangrila Rendon asks how Scott from Georgia, a family man with 2 kids and a demanding job, was able to overcome being injury-prone and actually set a 70.3 PR and become a Boston Marathon finisher in just 4 months.
During the show, we will talk about:
- How to solve nagging pain & prevent injuries WHILE continuing to get stronger in swimming, cycling and running
- How to overcome plantar fasciitis, knee pain and hip issues
- How to maintain manageable stress at work, traveling for races, kids/family, training and racing
- How to continue building the confidence that you could achieve anything you put your mind on
- How to execute strong finishes on back-to-back races
Coach Shangrila asks Scott how he was able to:
- Finish 5 races in 5 different states within 7 weeks.
- Achieve 70.3 PR of 5:37:48 and Boston Marathon finish within 10 days
- Recover and get back to being healthy and strong after COVID vaccinations and being struck by lighting while swimming in open water.