Welcome to my show! I’m Shangrila Rendon, 2x Guinness World Record Holder, best-selling author, professional endurance athlete, triathlon coach & motivational speaker (https://www.shangrilarendon.com/). I was abused as a kid and sexually assaulted as an adult. At 24 years old, I was diagnosed with extreme depression, PTSD, and struggled with eating disorder and alcohol addiction. In sports, I didn’t know how to swim, was afraid of open water, didn’t own a bike and started running only 15 minutes on a treadmill. I was a non-runner, non-cyclist, and non-swimmer at 24 yet I became an inspirational athlete regardless. I trained very hard and aimed for excellence. I coach athletes to achieve their dreams. My goal is to share with you my journey in triathlon and endurance racing that is full of tough lessons learned, mindset, race, training and nutrition strategies, and secrets to success. The goal of this show is to introduce you to the people and ideas that will help you execute your dreams. You will level up your skills, attain joy with your triathlon & endurance goals and live up to your full potential. Every Tuesday, I drop a weekly dose of inspiration on alternating topics: - Interviews with inspirational athletes, who will inspire and motivate you in achieving your goals and dreams. We will talk about their journey, achievements and experiences as well as key strategies, habits and lessons they learned you too can incorporate in your training, racing and life in general. - Interview with health, nutrition, mindset and triathlon endurance experts where they will share findings and key information from their expertise and experience. Various topics from ambitions, time management, sleep, family, drugs, ego, failure and so much more. No topic is off-limits. Subscribe to this channel if you want to keep up to date with our content!
Monday Dec 05, 2022
Monday Dec 05, 2022
In this episode, Coach Shangrila talks with Sheila about how to gain confidence, dial in your nutrition & stay injury free while having fun.
- The 5 main areas that you need to address besides completing your swim, bike & run training plan. Know your potential blind spots now.
- How can you get faster without working harder
- How can you build volume and continue to stay injury free despite a history of injuries (e.g. frozen shoulder, IT band issue, etc.)
- Why it’s sometimes necessary to go slow to become faster and stay consistent w/ training
- Gaining confidence by training properly, facing your fear and understanding your body
- Finishing 70.3 strong even when you suck at running
- What to do to overcome open water fear and the need to stop all the time