Welcome to my show! I’m Shangrila Rendon, 2x Guinness World Record Holder, best-selling author, professional endurance athlete, triathlon coach & motivational speaker (https://www.shangrilarendon.com/). I was abused as a kid and sexually assaulted as an adult. At 24 years old, I was diagnosed with extreme depression, PTSD, and struggled with eating disorder and alcohol addiction. In sports, I didn’t know how to swim, was afraid of open water, didn’t own a bike and started running only 15 minutes on a treadmill. I was a non-runner, non-cyclist, and non-swimmer at 24 yet I became an inspirational athlete regardless. I trained very hard and aimed for excellence. I coach athletes to achieve their dreams. My goal is to share with you my journey in triathlon and endurance racing that is full of tough lessons learned, mindset, race, training and nutrition strategies, and secrets to success. The goal of this show is to introduce you to the people and ideas that will help you execute your dreams. You will level up your skills, attain joy with your triathlon & endurance goals and live up to your full potential. Every Tuesday, I drop a weekly dose of inspiration on alternating topics: - Interviews with inspirational athletes, who will inspire and motivate you in achieving your goals and dreams. We will talk about their journey, achievements and experiences as well as key strategies, habits and lessons they learned you too can incorporate in your training, racing and life in general. - Interview with health, nutrition, mindset and triathlon endurance experts where they will share findings and key information from their expertise and experience. Various topics from ambitions, time management, sleep, family, drugs, ego, failure and so much more. No topic is off-limits. Subscribe to this channel if you want to keep up to date with our content!
Monday Dec 26, 2022
Monday Dec 26, 2022
In this episode, Coach Shangrila talks with Erik from Arizona who shares his insights and strategies about training, qualifying for and racing Ironman Kona.
- Time management - how to structure time as a dad of 4 kids so training and family responsibilities are on track
- Mindset - how to believe and keep on target even when challenges appear
- Injury prevention - what can be done proactively to decrease the chances of getting hurt in the process
- Strategy - how to make sure you are focusing on the right things and working smarter not harder
- Balance - how to have a balanced life and not have training put pressure on other areas of life
- How to live the phrase “Cool, Calm, Collected” especially when it is necessary
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.